Wednesday, August 1, 2012

IRONMAN: The Aftermath

Last Ironman-related post (for a while)...I swear.

Like many things in life (weddings, holidays, etc), so much planning, sacrifice, worry, & expense go into making that one special day "magical."  And at the end of those days, when things quiet down, you think to yourself "was it all worth it?"  For me and my Ironman journey, the answer is unequivocally "YES!"


My 1st "Selfy"
Tat is actually on my left side (fahkin' mirrors)
 People talk about the "post-Ironman blues," about being depressed that the big event has come & gone, but I haven't experienced that...I'm still on cloud-9.  And yes, to celebrate the achievement, I got the tattoo.  People have varying opinions on getting an Ironman tattoo: some think it's awesome, other's think it's foolish and you are branding yourself with a corporate logo.  I wanted to get the tattoo "for me" - so I did.

Since I'm so new to triathlon, the training definitely took it's toll on my body.  I've taken the past 10 days off from training to recover & heal from the months of abuse.  Since the race, I guess I've been living like a "normal" person: eating & drinking whatever I want, not working out, etc.  I have to say, it's getting old pretty fast.  Physically & psychologically I'm ready to get back after it...tomorrow it starts up again!

Upcoming Races:
9/15 - Lobsterman Olympic Distance (Freeport, ME)
11/4 - New York City Marathon
*Very close to finalizing 2013 race schedule; highlighted by the inaugural "Ironman: Lake Tahoe" event on 9/22/13!

No comments:

Post a Comment