Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Olympic Zombie

Earlier this year, I added the following reminder to my Outlook Calendar:


So ya, I like the Olympics.

The only problem is that I find myself staying up way too late everynight...turning me into a zombie the next day.  I know I should go to bed, but I just can't.

Through 5+ days of the games, I've probably logged about 27 viewing hours.  I don't discriminate...I watch anything & everything:
Water Polo? Absolutely.  Handball? Sure, why not?  Men's Synchronized Diving?  Don't mind if I do.
I watch it all and I can't get enough.

I find myself applying gymnastics scoring to my everyday life: "It's 4pm, the Mailman hasn't delivered yet?  That's going to be at least a tenth of a point deduction."

Imagining if Phil Dalhausser & Kerri Walsh-Jennings got together and created a dominant Volleyball pure-bred?

Wondering if Mckayla Maroney thinks she should be America's Golden Girl because she is 10x more attractive than Ali Raisman?

Seriously considering how much money (or how many beers) it would take for me to sleep with Allison Schmitt?  GOOO!

Hey Charlie!

Another highlight has been the re-emergence of Ryan Seacrest on prime-time TV, as a die-hard American Idol fan, it's nice to have the "hardest working man in show business" back in my life.

That's all for now...I lost my focus after Dan Hicks just said "we're about to find out who the greatest breast-stroker in the world is."

Breast-Stroke?  I thought this event would be a lot cooler.  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment