Monday, August 13, 2012

Suits

Now that the Olympics are over, we return to the boring Summer television programming schedule.  During the Fall, the Rodrigues family DVR is working overtime, but during the Summer - only one show has been deemed worthy of a coveted DVR slot and that show is "Suits" on the USA network.

I suppose the show would be classified as a "legal drama," but calling it that wouldn't do justice to the comedic back & forth between main characters Mike Ross & Harvey Specter, not to mention the hilarious interactions with office outsider Louis Litt.

The show has it all: a smooth, successful, charming main character (Harvey), his witty, brilliant, charasmatic protege (Mike), the resentful antagonist (Louis), and of course hot chicks (Rachel & Donna). 


The interplay between Harvey & Mike actually reminds me of my relationship with my boss.  I remember when I was a young guy entering the work force, my boss used mockery (his preferred teaching tool) to advise me on the proper way to dress in the office environment.  Lessons included: don't wear graphic t-shirts under a dress shirt, always button your collar buttons, and most important: always use collar stays to keep the collar lying flat and looking crisp.

While the foundation of the show's plotline is a bit far-fetched (Mike Ross is a genius with a photographic memory, who never actually went to law school, yet works at a top New York law firm), the show has great characters and is highly entertaining.  If you're looking for a fun show, give "Suits" a shot.

1 comment: